SoundStage er det første magasinet til å publisere en omfattende test av komplett Bryston aktivt system med Middle T Active i hovedrollen.
“No matter what I listened to, the Bryston system always sounded bigger and more dynamic than I thought it would. Its clarity and precision even rivaled that of my reference Martin Logan Masterpiece Classic ESL-9 speaker hybrid electrostatics recognized for their fast, detailed sound.”
“If you’re willing to try active speakers, give the Brystons a listen. Even if you aren’t, you should hear them, to find out what kind of sound is possible from today’s powered speakers.”
“With the Bryston Middle T Active system, everything sounded perfectly balanced, the dialog and effects precisely tracking their apparent visual sources onscreen. The experience was so involving that I felt as if I were sitting in the mixing studio.”
Fully active loudspeaker systems dispense with passive crossovers found in conventional loudspeakers in favor of inserting the crossovers before the amplifier. The benefits include increased flexibility of filter shapes, the ability to make fine-grained adjustments resulting in improved on and off axis response (these are often competing objectives in passive loudspeakers), direct coupling of the loudspeaker to the driver (avoiding losses inherent in passive crossovers), and higher SLP with lower distortion. The Bryston Active Loudspeaker System combines decades of research into acoustics, electronics, amplification, and state of the art components to recreate your recordings with stunning realism.
The Bryston Middle T Active Loudspeaker was built to be exceptionally high quality and affordable, while bringing superior design to the table. New driver designs, enclosure vibration analysis, and anechoic chamber testing all went into creating an amazing product. A “state of the art” audio system involves what some refer to as a “suspension of disbelief”. This means the playback system transcends the recorded medium and transports you to a live venue. You forget it’s a recording and believe you are there at the live performance. Our goal with the Bryston Middle T Active Loudspeaker is to provide our customers with a superior level of “disbelief”.
A superbly designed active loudspeaker system can bring higher resolution and dynamic control to your audio system. The differences are far from subtle and the Bryston Active Loudspeaker System takes the performance to the next level.
The Bryston Middle T Active Loudspeaker requires the BAX-1 Active DSP Crossover and three amplifier channels per speaker.
- High levels of SPL without distortion or compression
- Unit to Unit matching
- Custom designed drivers with die-cast aluminium baskets, substantial magnet assemblies, and custom motor systems
- Wide dispersion design
- Engineered to prevent cabinet resonances
- Requires three amplifier channels per speaker
- Requires BAX-1 Active DSP Crossover
- Extra Large Out-Riggers – Equipped with larger spikes with adjustable height (via Allen key).
- Black Ash (Wood), Natural Cherry (Wood), Boston Cherry (Wood)
- Custom Veneer (Additional Cost)
- Frequency Response: 33Hz to 22Khz (+/- 3dB)
- Impedance: 4 Ohms (nominal)
- Sensitivity: 88 dB SPL @ 1 meter @ 1 watt (anechoic)
- Maximum SPL: 112 dB SPL @ 1 meter
- Recommended Power: 10 watts to 250 watts RMS
- Tweeter: Single 1.0″
- Midrange: Single 5.25″
- Woofer: Double 8.0″
- 39.5” H x 10.5” W x 16.5” D
- 1000mm H x 267mm W x 410mm D
- 81 Ibs (37 kg)