Inheriting outstanding technology from Accuphase’s 40th anniversary commemorative models, the E-470 represents a full model change from the E-460. Internally, the preamplifier and power amplifier sections are kept entirely separate, in order to allow each to develop their full potential, rivalling the performance and sonic excellence of separate type components. With a simple flick of a switch, the POWER IN feature allows individual use of the two sections. At the heart of the preamplifier section is a further evolved AAVA type volume control, and the power amplifier block is configured with the latest instrumentation amplifier topology, enabling fully balanced signal transmission throughout. The MCS+ approach improves crucial performance parameters by employing multiple identical circuits in parallel, and current feedback provides optimum stability. As a result, the low impedance output stage achieves a damping factor of 500. MOS-FET switches are used in place of relays for speaker protection, helping to ensure superb electrical characteristics and improve long-term reliability. Power MOS-FET devices arranged in triple parallel push-pull pairs for each channel greatly enhance the ability of the amplifier to drive low-impedance loads.
- Revolutionary AAVA volume control
- Power MOS-FETs in triple parallel push-pull configuration deliver ample power: 180 watts/channel into 8 ohms
- Instrumentation amplifier principle for power amplifier input stage allows fully balanced signal transmission, complemented by MCS+ topology and current feedback amplification circuitry
- Logic-control relays for the shortest signal paths
- Strong power supply with massive high-efficiency toroidal transformer and large filtering capacitors
- POWER IN button allows separate use of preamplifier and power amplifier sections
- Numeric indication of volume level