The preamplifier’s volume control is a vital component for maintaining vibrancy in the sound source.
Since its founding, Accuphase has spent 50 years in pursuit of creating the ideal volume control circuitry.
The C-2900’s Balanced AAVA system was designed using Accuphase’s original AAVA volume control circuits to significantly improve sonic performance. The faithful reproduction of delicate musical performances
by the C-2900 makes it the perfect preamplifier for passionate audiophiles.
- Balanced AAVA volume control
- Logic-controlled relays for signal switching assure high sound quality and long-term reliability
- Printed circuit boards for signal transmission use glass cloth fluorocarbon resin with low dielectric constant and minimum loss along with gold-plating on copper foil surfaces
- Power supply circuits with separate toroidal transformers and filtering capacitors (10,000 μF × 4 pcs) for the left and right
- Newly developed volume sensor construction for a quiet and smooth operation feel
- Versatile arrangement of inputs and outputs (five line level inputs, two balanced inputs, two line level outputs, and two balanced outputs)
- Line level input and output connectors for a recorder
- Line level and balanced EXT PRE inputs for connection of an external preamplifier
- Individual phase setting for each input
- Switchable overall gain (12 dB / 18 dB / 24 dB)
- Left / right balance control through Balanced AAVA
- Stereo signal can be switched to monophonic operation
- Volume attenuator to instantly reduce sound to as low as –20 dB
- Loudness compensator for correcting the perceived spectral balance
- Informative and easy to read input and volume level display with on / off switching
- Discretely configured, high-quality headphone amplifier with parallel push/pull output stages
- Subsonic filter that cuts off ultra-low frequency noise from record warping
- Natural grain wood case with a mirror finish crafted by artisans using carefully selected virgin wood
- High-carbon cast iron insulator feet with superior damping characteristics
- Adding the AD-2900 to the C-2900 allows you to play analog discs.
- Front panel switching function for using a phono equalizer expansion unit
• MC/MM switching
• MC load impedance switching (10 / 30 / 100 / 200 / 300 ohms)
• Gain switching (MM: 34 / 40 dB, MC: 64 / 70 dB)